compimg2
compimg2
IMG-20170302-WA0007
IMG-20170302-WA0007
IMG-20170809-WA0010
IMG-20170809-WA0010
Previous Next Play Pause
1 2 3

We have 59 guests and no members online

Visits and conferences

Visit of the Delegation of the Italian University of Sassari

Historical background:

‘Alsharq University” was established in 1990 according to the Third Constitutional Decree for the year 1989, when the National Salvation Revolution Command Council passed Alsharq University Law 1990. It was opened in May 1991 with headquarters in Kassala.

It began with eight faculties in the major towns in the Eastern Region (Kassala, New Halfa, Portsudan, Gebait and Elgadareef).

Location

Calendar year

Faculty

Kassala

1990/1991

Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences

Kassala

1990/1991

Faculty of Education

New Halfa

1991/1992

Faculty of Agriculture & Natural Resources

Elgadreef

1991/1992

Faculty of Economics & Managerial Sciences

1993/1994

1990/1991

Faculty of Marine Sciences & Fisheries

Portsudan

1991/1992

Faculty of Engineering

Gebait

1993/1994

Faculty of Earth Sciences

1993/1994

1993/1994

School of Maritime Transport

 

In the 1993, the Eastern Region was divided according to a constitutional decree into three States (Kassala, Elgedareef  and Red Sea). Accordingly, Alsharq Univeristy was split into three Universities Kassala, Red Sea and Elgadareef). University of Kassala has replaced Alsharq University in 1994 with three faculties (Medicine & Health Sciences, Education and Agriculture & Natural Resources).  In 1998, Faculty of Economics & Managerial Sciences was established, followed by Faculty of Computer Sciences & Information Technology. In 1911, Faculty of Engineering was established and lastly, two Faculties (Faculty of Islamic Sciences in Kassala and Faculty of Education in New Halfa).

 

 

Back to top